© Keith Gilmore Foundation
Website by COWS
Visit the COWS Directory
Keith Gilmore Scholarships
How do I qualify?
Where do I apply?
Scholarships are presented
each year and total presentations (since 1988) have now reached over
140. The program continues to grow and support young achievers in the
Scholarships are available in three categories:
** We are pleased to announce, the Keith Gilmore Foundation, Board of Trustees elected to increase the scholarship levels for 2013 by $500.00 for each recipient!
- Up to two, $2,500 scholarships are offered to individuals
in a post graduate degree program in agriculture, agricultural journalism
and/or veterinary medicine at a recognized university, leading
to a career in the field of agriculture.
- Up to four $2,000 scholarships are offered to individuals
in an undergraduate degree program in agriculture, agricultural journalism
and/or veterinary medicines (or pre-veterinary) at a recognized university leading
to a career in the field of agriculture. The successful applicant
will already have completed a minimum of one year in his or her major
field of studies.
- Up to four $1,500 scholarships are offered to individuals
enrolled in a recognized diploma program in agriculture, agricultural
journalism and/or animal health technology leading to a career in the
field of agriculture. The successful applicants will have
already completed a minimum of one year in a diploma program.
- Closing date for applications is May 15th
- Copies of grades and references to be included with
application and winner must have grades confirmed by their university
- Selection is based on academic merit, contibution
to school and/or community, an indication of career objeactives and
involvement and accomplishments in youth program
- All questions must be answered or marked "not
applicable" (please print or type)
- Only successful applicants will be advised prior
to September 1
- A career in the field of agriculture includes veterinary
- Students may apply more than once, however students are limited to one scholarship per category.
- Completed applications should be mailed or submitted as a single pdf file and
postmarked or e-mailed no later than May 15th (Faxes are not accepted)
How Do I
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen.
For each of categories,
the applicant must have completed a minimum of one year of college
or university education and must be enrolled in the fall semester
for another year of studies in a recognized college or university
Students may apply more
than once, however students are limited to one scholarship per category.
Students may apply for a University or College outside of Canada.
Application forms are available
from the Web site (see top right hand corner) or by writing
The Keith Gilmore
5160 Skyline Way NE
2013 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Category A: $3,000.00 Post Graduate Award Recipients
* Increased for 2013 to 3,000.00 *
Sherwood Park, AB
Category B: $2,500.00 Under Graduate Award Recipients
* Increased for 2013 to $2,500.00 *
Category C: $2,000.00 Diploma Award Recipients
* Increased for 2013 to $2,000.00 *
here to see the students that have been awarded Keith
Gilmore Foundation Scholarships.